You imagine already in Mauritius counting the kilometers that separate you from your destination… But before reserving your vehicle, please take a look at these tips, synonymous economy and peace of mind!
Advice 1: Bring all the required documents with you on your holiday
• First of all, to be able to hire a car for the holidays, you will need to provide certain documents such as
• your identity
• driving licenses (yours and the 2nd driver’s, if you take this option)
• a recent address proof
• the credit card ( master or visa card)
To know: you must be at least 21 years old and holding a driving license for 12 months to be able to rent a vehicle
To note: Your credit card must have a balance of at least the amount of the deposit. If necessary, please ask your bank to adopt the use of your credit card limit to avoid being blocked for your subsequent holiday spending
Advice 2: Choose your credit card carefully
Most rental companies will ask you to pay with your credit card. Take the opportunity to check that you do not already have some insurance included in your credit card agreement so you do not have to pay twice for the same service!
Advice 3: make certain for your holiday car rental
The contract car allows you, of course, to be covered for the main risks such as:
• theft insurance
• Insurance against damage
• Insurance of people transported
But beyond those included insurance, rental companies will offer several extensions of guarantees … and it is not always easy to distinguish the useful from superfluous.
Advice 4: Take the time to do the inventory of the vehicle from the departure
The rental company is obliged to mention the condition of the vehicle in the rental contract, take the time to read it in detail!
• Check the mileage: does it correspond to what is mentioned in the inventory?
• Is fuel full? If not, check that the level of the gauge is well specified.
• Go around the vehicle and check that all visible damage, scratches, bumps etc. are well mentioned in the inventory. Do not forget to check the condition of the rims
• Try the windshield wipers and indicators before leaving to check that they are working properly.
Please note: if these elements are not specified in the inventory, the rental company can hold you responsible for this damage and charge you.
Good idea Feel free to take photos or short videos of the vehicle.
Advice 5: Take into account the entire rental budget of a holiday car
The prices posted for car rental are basic rates. If you wish to add certain services, you may incur additional costs, for example:
• Complementary equipment: child seat, GPS…
• The additional driver option: some renters will charge extra if you decide to add an extra driver to rent your car
By renting on the internet, you benefit from cheaper rates than in the agency, however please consult the cancellation conditions and associated fees. An experienced vacationer is worth two!
To hire with confidence the car you need in your holidays, contact Hire Car Mauritius and benefit from the experience and expertise of a renowned agency